Monday, January 30, 2017

Frigid Florida

well, ah, the plane landed and when I got out, there was a dude, looked like a cop, standing there with my name out.... Hahaha jk it was President Smith. 

We Made It!  The Tally District and President Smith
I am in FORT WALTON BEACH!!!!!!! woot woot. yeah it's basically a blast over here. Tuesday night we flew in and we met the Smiths. Then the next morning we all broke off to our areas with our trainers. My trainer's name is Sister Ramadhar. She's super nice. She has been out for 11 months and she is from Trinidad. Yeah the craziest thing though, she actually got called to Vancouver Canada and then they changed her mission to Tallahassee because of her visa, so basically I get to serve with a sister that could've been companions with Jaynanne hahah.

Ok Florida is FREEZING!!!! It's nice in the afternoons but during the morning and at night it is bitter cold. Me and Sister Evensen are both being trained in the Fort Walton area so bless the Lord on high I get to see her usually every other day if not more. Which is awesome because she is so awesome and I love her to death. 

President and Sister Smith, Mollie
The people down here are way awesome and they feed us a lot. Haha just normal food nothing too fancy. We are right next to two Air Force Bases so there's a lot of military families. There's a lot of work to do down here and I am eager to help God's children here.

Yeah not much has really happened.. Just waking up everyday and sharing the good word of God. Every couple of mornings we play tennis with the Elders down the street and that's pretty rad. 

I'm super stoked to be here and to be a missionary

God Speed kiddos.
DCK


-Sister Petersen

1 comment: