Saturday, January 21, 2017

Those MTC Days, Where have they gone, Where did they go???

Wowza my time here in the MTC has come to an end. I cannot believe I am leaving for the field. That's straight crazy sauce. I love it here. The only other place I would rather be is Tallahassee.

ok first off, me and sister e completed a little experiment with the Orange Juice and we have concluded after straight chugging it for a meal that it does nothing to your system. Feel free to drink it, all you future MTCers.

So, ok, story time with Sista P, duh duh dun duh duh dun dun...! So last Wednesday the 11th, me and sister E were like "hey let's host next week because it's our last week" and I wanted to be Emma's host when she came in. So we went and asked if we could host and they gave us all these reasons why we couldn't, some of the reasons were legit so we dutifully accepted the defeat of our hosting quest. Not five minutes later after moping my sadness to Sis E,
we were walking down the sidewalk to pick up a package and there was a host name tag laying on the ground!!!!! Fate?? Destiny?? A Horse?? Who can say? So I quickly picked up that tag and the scheming began. We decided we would make a copy of the name tag so me and Sis E could both host and we wouldn't have to break any companion rules, next thing we know we turned the corner and A SECOND host tag was laying on the ground!!!!! I could not believe the manna that had been delivered from the sky!!!!!

This was the creation of our perfect hosting plan. (But really Heavenly Father knew all along this was going to happen)

Wednesday the 18th, 6:13 am, *beep *beep *beep (imagine the 24 theme song playing) I spring out of bed and me and Sista E get our morning crunches done, then I quickly get dressed and I am ready for the day. Also Sister E put sticky notes all over my mirror because she really is the sweetest comp in the world gosh I love her. We tuck away our stolen host tags and set off for the adventure of the MTC lifetime. When we get to lunch, all the assigned hosts were leaving to go help the new recruits, so after forcing Sista E to eat faster, we ran outside, stopping at the bathroom to stick on our fake credentials. Disguised as hosts, we got out there at 12:25, twenty minutes before Emma's reporting time. Of course there was no way to know which direction they would point the Hansen vehicle and we didn't want to get assigned as hosts to the wrong missionary... so we waited in the middle of the two lines where the cars split. Both of us cheerfully greeted incoming missionaries that we knew and it was very exciting to see their beaming faces. I loved standing there watching God's soldiers file in. It was chilling. SO COOL.

After a while of standing there, this older gentleman came over and got after us. He told us that as hosts we were not allowed to wait for a specific car. Reluctantly we chose to go to the right, where other hosts were waiting. My friend Elder Hansen from USU was also standing there hosting and he is over six feet tall. We told him what we were up to and he was our watch out for Emma's Ford Focus. We spotted the Hansen's car and as I was getting ready to sprint to the other side to make sure I could greet her, we saw the usher point them in our direction. I was able to jump the line and open Emma's car door greeting her into the Missionary Training Center. 

Sisters Emma Hansen & Mollie Petersen
Sista Emma 


Sometimes things don't work out how we want them to, sometimes we are given trials that we do not understand, but the Lord knows the little things that matter to us. He knows that I would give anything in the world to be Emma's Host as she entered this sacred ground. He is so very mindful of the things we are going through. He knows the righteous desires of our hearts and He knows what will be the greatest blessing for us. I promise this. 

The MTC has been the best weeks of my life. My district is my family. My companion is my best friend. I have been so blessed with the valiant spirits here and I don't know what I would do without all these fellow missionaries in my life. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. Missions are for everyone, it's the whole reason we are here, to build the kingdom of God on Earth. You're mission might not be serving as a full-time missionary but all of us need to do our part, the Lord is counting on us to bring to pass his great and Marvelous work.

I love you all. 

"Destination Celestial Kingdom. DCK." - Elder Batman Starnes


Love, your soon to be southern soul, Sister Petersen (:

No comments:

Post a Comment