Wednesday, January 4, 2017

And So It Begins...

January 4, 2017

Mollie decided long ago she wanted to be a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Today, she began that mission.  Mollie graduated from WHS in May 2016.  She immediately started college at Utah State University in the Summer Semester.   She received her mission call September 8, 2016.  She has been called to serve in the Florida, Tallahassee Mission. She finished her Associates Degree in December 2016.  She worked very hard to complete her degree before leaving for her mission. She entered the MTC in Provo, Utah January 4, 2017.  She will be there until January 24, 2017.  She is eager and ready to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the people in the Florida, Tallahassee Mission!!  

September 24, 2016 Salt Lake Temple

Here is her first email home... Jan 4, 2017

One Hour Down. Only like 750,000 to go...

Hey hey hey! I hope you're enjoying that CD lol. I made it safe and all is well! My companion's name is Sister Evensen and crazy thing I follow her on instagram hahaha
Last Selfie in the car at the MTC
Everything is good and I'm a little lost but I'm very excited to get started. I love you all! Don't have too much fun without me!

Carry on. God speed.

Love, Sister Petersen

ps. mom will you please send me a list of everyone's emails I forgot all of them lololol









Followed by this email from Sister Annette C. Burgess, MTC Matron, related to Sis Evensen:

It was certainly exciting this afternoon to meet 
Sister Evensen and Sister Petersen!!!  
What darling sister missionaries!!
Hope you enjoy this photo taken after  "Welcome Meeting" -- about 30 minutes ago!
Love, Sister Burgess

No comments:

Post a Comment