Saturday, January 14, 2017

Xoxo, Gospel Girl

Exciting at first...
Ok this week was probably the most incredible week of my life. The MTC is such a beautiful place. I love it here. When we got our travel itineraries yesterday it was way sad haha. 

My whole district tells me I look like Emma Stone and I mean hey, I'm not complaining.. haha
Ok so Sunday is the best day ever. Hands down awesome. We couldn't watch Character of Christ last week because it was broken or something so we ended up watching some Nauvoo temple movie it was really old and super funny! hahaha. 

Prayers were for sure answered this week! I prayed that me and Sis E could start enjoying the mtc more and that morning we were making knock knock jokes for hours and it was SOOOOO funny!!! hahaha.


The FL-Tal group
I hope this doesn't sound cocky.. earlier this week me and Sis E were really worried about our teaching and about if we were doing good enough and we both felt like we needed to try harder and work better. Well we've been working with our class a lot and doing role plays and I feel pretty confident seeing the progress in other companionships. Me and Sis E make an earnest effort always to be on task but still make the mtc a blast and I have for sure seen the bennefits of that in our teaching and studying. God sent us here that we can have joy. The MTC is designed for us to learn and be trained for the field, but that doesn't mean we can't have the best time of our lives while we're here!!!

So Tuesday was one of the best days of my life. Besides a couple killer rounds of 4 square, we had such a good day. Ps I'm pretty dece at 4Square... yeah but the competitive Elders in my Zone leave monday so I'm way bummed that it won't be as fun to play.

Tickets to Ride!
Tuesday night we had a devotional. We were sitting in the choir seats and ps the choir is awesome. So when the meeting was getting ready to start we were being led in I love to see the Temple, when we started singing the spirit in the room completely shifted and everyone could feel the power of the song. Because the MTC presidency is being changed it was a special meeting. Suddenly as we were singing, everyone started standing up and Elder Neil L. Anderson walked in onto the stage. We sang very proudly but the spirit was so overwhelming. The choir sang Nearer My God to Thee and the power of the missionaries was almost unbearable. The rest of the meeting was good and Elder Anderson's words were very powerful but that's not even the best part yet.... We were sitting on the third row because we were in the choir and as the meeting ended Elder Anderson started shaking hands around the crowd. He made his way towards us and all the sisters by me kept whispering about how bad they wanted to shake his hand. I thought to myself that I didn't need to shake his hand to know he's a servant of God. He shook the front row, and then the second, and as we was walking away I said a prayer and I just said "please can I just look into his eyes" and in that moment Elder Anderson turned back to us looked me in the eyes and told us how beautiful the choir sang. I felt like I was looking into the eyes of the Savior. I know that the Apostles are special witnesses of Jesus Christ. I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. There have been too many miracles and blessings in my life to disregard that. This gospel is such a beautiful gift from God. He loves us so much and I am forever grateful that I could stand as a witness to Elder Anderson's testimony of Christ.
"I love you more than anything and every time
I see Sister Mordue, it's like my Mom is just
here, loving me.  I love you Mom."

Sunday night during devotional we were shown a bunch of pictures on a slide show with the MTCs worldwide. I know that this is something so much bigger than myself. "Behold I will bring to pass a great and marvelous work among the children of men" God's missionary work is truly marvelous. 

Haha ps the sound is perfect in the shower room for some quality concerts. Me and Sis E usually end the night harmonizing with our toothbrushes. Quality. Every night that I am getting ready for bed I can't believe how fast the day went. It's straight crazy. Maybe it's because I fall asleep sometimes in class...hahahahaha. what are ya gonna do..?? 

My district is seriously so awesome. They are my best friends. It makes me so sad that only half of us are going to Tally because they are the best. We have so many inside jokes and we can never take anything seriously haha. It's so awesome just being surrounded by goodness. I love how genuinely good the missionaries here are. You know I wish everyone could just spend one week in the MTC and see how truly blessed they are. Don't take anything for granted, life is way too short for that.

I love you all so much! I love reading your letters throughout the week! It helps me remember who I am and who I want to be while I am out here. Don't let Satan get you down. He just doesn't want you to know how awesome and powerful you are.

Hey hey hey well I'll see you all here next week. Same time. Same place. (:(:(: I love you!


love the remarkable and totally humble, Sister Petersen

Mom note - Kimberly Mordue worked with me in the Ogden Temple.  She and her husband were called to the Texas, Lubbock Mission.  She arrived a week after Mollie.

No comments:

Post a Comment