Monday, February 6, 2017

Golden Investigators?? Nah, Golden CORRAL

This week was straight solid. Me and Sister Ramadhar just cruise the town on our bikes and try not to get hit by cars, it's fine. The other day we biked like 8 million miles to go to a referral and then we were turned away haha. It made for some good riding though. 

Oh man so many people have dogs or cats and Sis R is way allergic so whenever we leave a house she basically douses herself in hand sanitizer haha. I feel so bad. 

Even though we don't have any "golden" investigators.... or even *any investigators currently lol... we have GOLDEN members!!!!!! They are so awesome down here and they feed us like it's going out of style! I love our members to death but if I eat Golden Corral again I'm gonna explode. I'm pretty sure I've gained 17 hundred pounds since I came to Florida, and the Elders serving in our ward always give me candy. Why do people have to be so generous?!?! So annoying. (; but real talk our members are incredible. Not gonna lie I was pretty skeptical coming from Utah what the church activity would be like away from home, but the members here are so dedicated to Christ it is UNREAL. They are such good people and amazing examples of the believers. I love them.

We had the opportunity to attend Zone Conference this past week and watch the General Missionary Broadcast. Hot Dang it was soooooo good. It got me so pumped to be a part of God's army. The biggest thing I learned from it though was building the church from within. As members of Jesus Christ's church, it is our sacred obligation to sanctify ourselves and be steadfast in Christ. 

My favorite thing about serving down here is hearing people's conversion stories. Everyone has one. My comp is a convert to the church with her mom and dad and her dedication to missionary work is a constant reminder to me that people like her are ready and waiting to hear the gospel. Yesterday at dinner the sweetest little old sister who was feeding us told me, "God sent us here to know each other and to love each other. Not to walk as strangers but to be a family" Those words really struck my heart. We really are all God's children. It doesn't matter your race, wealth, age, appearance, trials, WE ARE ALL CHILDREN OF GOD. If everyone in the world really accepted that we would all treat each other so much better. Christ always had such pure love for everyone and that's all we are asked to do. In the words of my dad's favorite holiday singer Jewel "In the end, only kindness matters." 
SO THIS WEEK: Be kind to everyone. Seriously and truly. Show your love to God by loving His children. They are your brothers and sisters and they need you.

I love you all so much. Don't forget your divine worth. DCK. and don't get fat like me.


-Sister Petersen

DCK - Destination Celestial Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment