Saturday, May 19, 2018

That's the way I loved you

I HAVE QUITE OFFICIALLY APPLIED TO BYU

#sos #sendprayers2K18

- that one time we lived out of our car for a solid week (:
We were not in Tallahassee from Tuesday morning through Friday night. I told Sister Mifflin my parents are gonna be pretty disappointed when we visit the mission and we're actually driving the whole time. She said it won't be too bad all I have to say is, "Yep, this is my favorite area, I-10 (the freeway)." HAHAHA Oh the sad truth though. We drove for a total of 10+ hours this week (: (: that's called grit. and love.

Good News! I finally finished my sunflower seed bottle that I started in January. 🌻

One HUGE lesson I learned this week is the importance of communication. I am so grateful for the spirit in helping us know what Heavenly Father wants to tell us. I am so grateful for prayer and the night and day difference it has in our lives. I'm grateful for cute stationary that your companion wastes on you to make you feel loved. I'm grateful for Facebook to keep up with my friends of other faiths. I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to see my family and just love on them! Skype is incredible. (: overall I am just so grateful that God sends us down here together as brothers and sisters and we don't have to go through this life alone.
- She has the fish, I have the bread, we put them both together and yeah it really worky!


Today we got to do service at a nearby church handing out food. Sister Mifflin was giving people frozen fish and I was giving people bags of bread. It cracked us up that we were LITERALLY handing out fish and loaves. Then of course, because I'm me, I got pretty emotional talking with each person that passed through and hugging them and just feeling their light next to my heart. I love being a missionary more than I ever thought possible because my whole existence right now is to love others as the Savior did. It's so wonderful and humbling to give your whole soul to the person who already saved it. I love Christ and I know he is my closest and truest friend. He hears my souls complaint and listening He can hear the songs I cannot sing. He is the perfect communicator. I love him. What manner of man is He? He heals on the Sabbath and He fed five thousand with five loaves and two fish. He loves. That is His first mandate. 

I'm trying to be like Him.

-SISTER  p e t e r s e n☀
- this morning the TCC Sisters CO2 detector went off, it was pretty exciting,
but basically they ripped the monitor off the wall and put it in a drawer and said to ignore it. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment