Saturday, May 12, 2018

I wanna know, have you ever seen a MIRACLE?

ok folks, sit down, strap in, and get the popcorn.

THIS WEEK WAS WILD.

As you may know, because I feel like I've complained to just about everyone, our campus was CLOSED this week. Devastating at best. With fire in our souls we pressed forward with determination! We searched high and low and traveled a distance to the metropolis of Crawfordville. We found a random neighborhood located on a dirt road and fanned out. The sisters who joined us went left, and we went right. for hours we knocked and walked and knocked some more. Just as we were heading back to the car we noticed fifty yards down an older woman sitting on her front porch, we turned on our heels and marched forward! Deborrah welcomed us with a warm heart and open arms! She was waiting for us! Minutes later her brother JL joined us! They loved talking to us and when the elders went back a few days later they committed to be baptized! Right time in the right place, God is using you to reach His children.
~the babes all enroute for CRAZY PREPARED CRAWFORDVILLE
Well Crawfordville left us on a high note so Tuesday we headed out to Fort Walton, my homeland.  Sister Fast and I killllllllled it. Oh I love this girl SO MUCH. Haha we ended up doing service for a member who I love! Brother Atrice was my ward mission leader when I was there and now they have a baby and a house and stuff and man did I feel like an old missionary talking about the good ol' days of the mission haha. It was a tender mercy to be in their home! The Lord has my back!

Thursday was one of the most miraculous days of my mission.

We got up a little early to go run on the track down at FSU. I was running briskly haha trying to shave my time on my mile run. As I was on my second lap I started praying with Heavenly Father just asking Him for strength to go throughout the day and to be healthy and strong in what I do and thanking Him for the healthy body I have. I was starting to get pretty tired, on my third lap this lady started running by my side. Her name is Taccorra. She encouraged me to keep going strong. We started talking about God and the Book of Mormon and somehow, in some miracle, I was able to testify of restored truths to her! I still to this moment do not know how on earth I was able to talk because I couldn't even breathe! BUT SOMEHOW GOD HELPED ME! I finished my last lap and I spent the rest of our time talking with Taccorra about her son and her relationship with God. She is so amazing. I know that God gave me strength to keep up with her so I could talk to her. Now we're running buddies and she's going to start working out with us in the morning! Oh I love her. She told me that she knows "We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us." AMEN!

zone. conference. was. perfect.

Later Thursday night we met up with a girl who found our number on Mormon.org (: She used to meet with the missionaries and she wants to learn more. SHE FOUND US! It was crazy. It was unbelievable but, BELIEVE IT BABY! She told us in the first five minutes that she grew up Jewish but she knows the Book of Mormon is true and she's ready to be all in. So, that is literally the kind of ensign stories that happen here in the South. I am so humbled God let me and Sister Mifflin be a part of Melissa's story! It's so exciting to see what will happen from here. (:

Right now I am nearing the end of my mission and it's hard. It's a hard reality knowing that you are going to finish something that you love so much. But I know without a doubt I have done what Heavenly Father wanted me to do. I have become who Heavenly Father has wanted me to become. And I am going to continue on this life long pursuit of happiness in my discipleship to Jesus Christ. He lives. He speaks through President Nelson today. Believe that miracles can happen, and stand back and watch the Lord's hand be revealed. You are amazing. You are more than enough for God to work through. YOU can do ALL things through Christ!

I love you!

-SISTER  p e t e r s e n☀

No comments:

Post a Comment