Saturday, February 10, 2018

Not a trickle but a flood

This is the story of a girl, who was sitting on a long-board. I know the set up for the perfect miracle ammi right? 

-first and last district selfie because it just got blown up
and now everyone but me and Sister Smario is gone! (: (: I ain't even mad









                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                On Tuesday I learned another valuable lesson from my Heavenly Father. When He corrects you, He will always show an increase of love when you humbly repent and follow the spirit. After our district meeting, we were not in a big hurry to get to campus and we all hung around the institute for a few minutes. "In making this confession, no one need suppose me guilty of any great or malignant sins. A disposition to commit such was never in my nature. But I was guilty of levity, and sometimes associated with jovial company, etc., not consistent with that character which ought to be maintained by one who was called of God as I had been." Not long after President Smith happened to stop by for something and he didn't say anything, but the spirit sure did. Well, Sister Smario and I acted. Fast. Without speaking we went to campus and started contacting again. And that's when we met Katy.

{D&C 121:43 Reproving betimes with sharpness, when moved upon by the Holy Ghost; and then showing forth afterwards an increase of love toward him whom thou hast reproved, lest he esteem thee to be his enemy;}

Katy is so amazing and probably the most prepared person I've ever met on my mission. She is our Relief Society President's roommate and she is seeking for truth. We talked with her for maybe 3 minutes and she wanted to meet again. Her heart is pure and open and I love her more than my snuggie, which is a lot. Heavenly Father needed us to get our butts on campus Tuesday so we could find her. Thursday we met back up and had an amazing Restoration lesson with her. We taught her all about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. It was good but the best part was when we realized that she doesn't need all the details, all she wants is to know the truth about who God is. We take our relationship and knowledge of God for granted way too often. Seeing Katy's love for learning and growing really gave me such deep appreciation for my Father. He loves us so much. He loves us enough that He sent Jesus Christ so that we can know Him. How amazing is the gospel. The teachings, instructions, directions, that we have to know who we really are. We are Sisters and Brothers of an eternal family. It is glorious. 

-movie debut, we HAD to make popcorn for the fans


-Chinese run for the cute new missionaries.
But c'mon... mirror pic in the mission home
Also, we got President Smith to sing a song with us at Zone Conference and he played the Ukulele with Elder Hansen and dang it I have the best mission president ever I just feel bad for anyone not in the FTM. The Lord is flooding the earth right now with truth. We have so much access to spiritual knowledge. Share it.  I love being a missionary. I love serving my mission on Florida State. We get to meet so many wonderful people and tell them what they're missing. Some people take offense, but the elect harden not their hearts. The link at the bottom is the new Mormon Message and I love to think that as missionaries we are like the little boy who teaches the blind men what an elephant wholey is. I know the fullness of the gospel is here and it is in Jesus Christ's church. We are led with pure priesthood authority. I know it. 

-SISTER  p e t e r s e n☀


No comments:

Post a Comment