Monday, November 27, 2017

Choose your love, love your choice.

Three thanksgiving dinners. Five dessert stops. One exchange later. The freshman fifteen came a little later in the game for me. 

Friends I just want you all to know who you are. You are a child of God. He loves you. I am so grateful for my knowledge of the restored gospel. I promise you it blesses lives. Be grateful for all things. 

This week I had the opportunity to go to Saraland after Thanksgiving. As we were driving up to their apartment, Sister Larsen realized we didn't have the key and it was on it's way to Fairhope with Sister Nielsen and Sister Hulstine. She felt really bad for not remembering and at first I was annoyed that we had to waste our miles to go back, and we wouldn't get in on time. Then, I remembered who I was representing to this new sister, and I frankly forgave the situation. Later as I was writing in my journal, I remembered an exchange many months ago when the exact same situation happened with a key mishap and I was that younger new missionary. That exchange changed my mission. To this day the only person who maybe knows how much it touched me was my dear Sister Training Leader.

I have changed so much the past 11 months. I now know who I am, why I'm here, and who sent me here. I will forever and always love my choice to serve a full-time mission. I love my choice to love. I love my choice to be exactly who I am. My dear friends, you are exactly where He needs and wants you to be. Stop wishing away your life. Stop throwing away all the chocolate bars looking for the golden ticket. Roll down the windows every now and then. Smile at strangers. Forgive and forget. Have seconds. Be late. Don't make your bed. Laugh at the awkwardness. Don't delete the bad picture. I promise you when you look back over your shoulder, you will love your life.

That is my simple invitation to you: Love your life. 

-SISTER  p e t e r s e n☀

No comments:

Post a Comment