Monday, December 4, 2017

One way ticket to SLC airport

FRIENDS! This week has been so so so awesome and wonderful and OOOOOOh I just love Christmas I really do!

Well did I mention Marina had her baby?? Probs forgot but he is the cutest little bean you have ever seen! Mateo Rene Ramos! (: (: I died. 

So we've been #Lightingtheworld in Fairhope this week and we went to this huge parade. Not gonna lie the adversary knows I do not love huge crowds of people, and Mariah Carey playing in the background, and I have to be focused on people's salvation... But we met some super cool people and hopefully they enjoyed the spirit we helped them feel! 

We went up to TOXEY, ALABAMA this week! Toxey is the very edge of our mission so here is our miracle story! Sister Petersen is the Designated Driver...or should I say, WAS the Designated Driver until this snafu..

-pics or it didn't happen
Here we were on our nice pleasant three hour drive to Toxey. I was just taking in the beauty of the never ending trees and 55 mph twisting road. When on this drive my back started getting a little uncomfy, all you truckers know what I'm talking about. Well as I was fixing my chair, some people would claim I was "distracted", I turned left on a fork when I was supposed to turn right. Our fancy GPS from the 21st century rerouted us on this new highway and no one, not even yours truly, the designated driver, noticed it had rerouted. Not far down this path I got an unsettling feeling that we should check our route. Sister Hulstine, my trusty sidekick soon realized we had a one way ticket for MERIDIAN, MISSISSIPPI! YES THAT IS M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I, MISSISSIPPI! We were just moments away from crossing the border outside of our mission boundaries!!!                Satan totally would've had us in his clenches! 
Mercifully we had the time and shoulders in the road to turn around and get back on our desired course. You know President Smith would've shipped our booties outta here had we crossed that line, there was a line and we almost just crossed it!

As I've been pondering this climatic episode, trust me the car was not very calm during this in real time, I've been so touched by how much our Father in Heaven loves us. He is never going to let us stray too far down the pathway of a wrong choice. He is always going to reach out to us through the spirit and other means to bring us home. I know it. I have felt it on this car ride and in my road trip of life. I know that my Heavenly Father sent me here to grow and learn but it is the plan, and has always been the plan, for me to return to Him. How merciful for our GPS (Holy Ghost) and the vehicle of the restored Church of Jesus Christ to give us access to get there. 

._. everytime I serve the volleyball at sports night the elders start a slow clap and get everyone applauding to make me mess up! 

-I just wanna be a big rockstar.. [:
last note we walked up to someone and the first thing he said was "ooooooh Mormons are so cute" (: I took it as a compliment (: I am cute!

Y'ALL I LOVE JESUS CHRIST! 

#LIGHTTHEWORLD 
#YOULIGHTMYWORLD #BABYYOULIGHTUPMYWORLDLIKENOBODYELSE
#HASHTAGSLIGHTUPMYWORLD

-SISTER  p e t e r s e n🎄

-Sissy Hulstine being sung to by the Spanish Elders on her birthday (:
she turned 22 take a wild guess what they sang to her....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY OF COURSE!



No comments:

Post a Comment