Monday, November 6, 2017

Because He Lives

My baby brother turned 18 years old. Whenever I think about God not being real and life just taking me here and there, I reflect on what has happened to me in the past two years since I turned 18. Since I turned 18 I have graduated high school, survived jumping out of a plane, gone through breakups, lost friends, gained friends, seen loved ones pass away, received blessings in the temple, watched my family hurt, felt alone, got my associates degree, left my family, cried myself to sleep, had a witness from the Holy Ghost that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God, and served as a full-time missionary for 10 months in the Southern United States. All of that since I was 18.

When I think that God is not around, I am reminded of all the things God has helped me conquer. I know that without a doubt He is in the details of my life. But how is this possible? Because "God so loved the world, He gave His Only Begotten Son." Jesus Christ has carried me through grace by grace, day by day to where I am now. I might not recognize that He's in every morning, giving me the strength to kneel down next to my bed at 6:30 am, just following a long hot day of tracting. I might not realize that He sends His comforter to my heart after every vile encounter we have. I might not realize in the moment that all things work together for my good. But when we look back at what He has carried us through, there is no doubt in my mind that God is real. And Jesus Christ is my Redeemer.

I know that my Redeemer lives. What comfort this sweet sentence gives.

-the field is white already to harvest..
The blessing it is to carry this testimony day to day and minute by minute to the hearts of my brothers and sisters here in Alabama is indescribable. Jesus Christ is real. He lives and He knows you by name. "If I were and angel" I would stand on the rooftops of Fairhope and pierce every heart within the sound of my voice. Friends, I can only do so much as a missionary. I can only knock on so many doors a day. I can only stay awake during so many study prayers. I can only laugh at the same gospel jokes so many times. But I know I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I love each one of you so very much, but I am so grateful I get to spend this time away from you to serve my Father in Heaven. Live everyday to serve others and you will feel the power of Jesus Christ change you.

- SISTER  p e t e r s e n☀

-live in Fairhope Library (:
oh, ps, because this was a serious email..... we're getting smartphones in January WOOOT WOOOOOOOO. And I ate crab legs this week. And I got more ant bites. And I slept on the floor. And I made Sister Evensen laugh so hard she spit out her water everywhere. And we spent a whole dinner hour walking around the Disneyland of all grocery stores. And I had a nerf war with kid Boxx. And we made homemade pizzas on Halloween and the only thing that makes me happier than little kids who really believe they are Elsa and Ninjas is pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment