Monday, August 21, 2017

TOTAL ECLIPSE of the HEART

classic pics
Boy, do I have a treat for you..... The last 72 hours have been the most emotionally exhausting in my entire life. More than my breakups, my makeups, death, life, high school, mtc, my soul is spent. But I mean, every now and then I fall apart ya know? Here's the gist.... Thursday evening President Smith swung up here to the boonies and we had a good quick interview. His love and piercing eyes just spoke to my spirit so closely. I got an overwhelming feeling like something was about to change. I laughed and kind of started bawling and told him I did not want to leave Marianna. He nodded and said, "I wouldn't be moving you Sister Petersen." Well obvi, I was uber on edge the next couple of days in anticipation for our Zone Leaders to call about transfers. 
eclipse I legit took this pic
For 72 hours my heart felt as though it was being ripped apart. I cried like 28 times. Well I was studying, and in my papers I found Elder Bednar's last address about serving as a missionary and being assigned to labor in a certain area of the world. This scripture pierced my very soul.

Wherefore, go ye and preach my gospel, whether to the north or to the south, to the east or to the west, it mattereth not, for ye cannot go amiss.
I suddenly became completely aligned with God's will no matter what it might be.

Sunday afternoon as we were driving through some back roads we got a phone call from President Smith himself. What. I pulled over because my whole body was shaking. He informed us that Sister Anderson is going to be training a new missionary here in Marianna, yep the tears started rolling. Well what happened next changed my life. President got very quiet and said, "Sister Petersen are you there?" Through a little voice cracking I answered. Next he said, "You will be serving in Fairhope, Alabama, with Sister Evensen."

Sister Evensen. 

SISTER EVENSEN.

SISTER EVENSEN.

!!!!!SISTER EVENSEN!!!!!
I sat completely shocked. I didn't even answer. And then I said, "Are you pullin my leg President??" HAHAHAHAHAAHAH SO EMBARRASSING. OH MY GOSH THEN THE CHEERING SCREAMING AND JUMPING UP AND DOWN TOOK PLACE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE ON SOME ABANDONED DIRT ROAD. I think President was very inspired because God knew I would go kicking and screaming unless in some way he could top the miracles I have been experiencing in Marianna. He knew I need her now tonight, I need her more than ever! We will be holdin on forever. He knew this is the only was I would truly react all in, cheerful, about my assignment!!!! HE IS SO WONDERFUL. Literally I am full of wonder and awe that He thinks the Mobile Zone can handle what me and my best buddy are about to hit it with. BOIIIIII

yours truly with all that Southern Charm



So in my farewell to Marianna.. My heart has been Total Eclipsed. This is a very very BITTER SWEET move. But I love my dear friends I have here with all my heart. We will meet again one day, I know it. This morning we stopped by one of my dearest friends Ms. Mary Ellen and she told me I'll always be her missionary, then she pinky promised me that she is going to take the lessons from the missionaries so I can come back and baptize her. <3 This week we worked hard. We started a Book of Mormon class that we had many people come to, we saw a lot of people and our group of investigators truly is God's elect. I love my friends and family here and I know God has a plan for them.
Other sheep I have which are not of this fold...in Fairhope Alabama. (: So turn around bright eyes because the Mobile Zone's gotta big storm a comin'






Ms. Mary Ellen and us with our gnarly shades
Go do something amazing while the Fire Nation is at it's weakest! GOD SPEED KIDS

SISTER  p e t e r s e n ðŸŒ˜

Long Live the #MaryHadALittleLambDistrict



No comments:

Post a Comment