Monday, August 28, 2017

Sweet Home ALABAMA. Cliche? Get over it.

ALABAMA BABY!!!!! I LITERALLY MADE IT. I AM LIVING THE DREAM!



This past week has been such a bizarre dream. Monday/Tuesday was complete chaos getting ready to leave Marianna. We went to appointments and said goodbye to people and just ran around like chickens with their heads chopped off! BUT I'll have y'all know, I did manage to pack all my things into my 3 suitcases...... with a laundry basket for my shoes hahaha. BUT THAT'S REALLY GOOD FOR A SISTER! After the ward party Tuesday night (they were celebrating P. Monson's birthday HAHAHA),                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             we drove to Tallahassee and spent the night with some sisters there. Which was such a tender mercy because one of the sisters served in Marianna and Fairhope so I got the goodbye and hello! 


Transfer Day: GOLLY. So exhausting. I helped people pack up stuff all morning and geez louise Florida is a warm little bugger I'll tell you. We sweat a lot that day. So I rode the Hasselhough! I drove on the transfer 15 seater van on the longest stretch, Tallahassee to Mobile! It wasn't that bad but I was so tired after being energetic and upbeat all day long to please the fans. But I did see all my comps leaving like Sis Ramadhar and Sis Saunders (: When I got to Mobile stop you already know Sis E greeted me like a long lost puppy that finally returned home. We were flippin. And basically we haven't stopped talking and laughing and straight up preaching the gospel since that moment. I literally love serving. I just love my calling. I love scattering sunshine into people's souls.














this random dude gave us free donuts because we're missionaries. Legit I love Alabama
Fairhope. what. THIS IS THE CUTEST PLACE IN THE WORLD. I mean seriously. This place is like so perfect. Everything here just ignites my soul. I love being in Alabama, I love the people. Fairhope is like "small town" but it's like classy southern. Not just run down old time southern. IT'S SO CHARMING. And we are working with amazing investigators. AHHHHHH. We had a lesson with Tracy about the Plan of Salvation and she was so excited and just loved everything we taught her. It's lessons like that when I know that this is so true. There's no way something false could bring so much happiness and joy into a conversation. She is getting baptized September 23rd, send prayers (:

dun dunna dun dun dun ~STORY TIME WITH SISTA P

We knocked on someone's door who wasn't home and I get stung by a bee, 🐝 so I was a little grumpy. Then Sister Evensen was like, "Why did the Lord want us to be in this neighborhood today? Who do we need to talk to?" Right then some guy pulls up next door and gets out of his car. So we speed walk trying to get to him but he goes inside and we knock on the door and he's totally not interested, no worries thank you for your time sir! We look across the street and this older gentleman is washing his car. So to break the ice I say hello and ask if he has any cream for my bee stung finger! He was very alarmed and he directed us firmly to take a seat on his front porch while he went inside to get something. John came back out with a pharmacy in his arms and his front shirt pocket was stuffed full of creams and ointments. HAHAHAH. It was so kind! He was so so cute! He then proceeded to cake my finger in antibiotic ointment just to be sure. He was so cute! We started talking about our purpose as missionaries and he got really emotional. He told us a story of a young man that was in the Navy with him many many years ago who was a Mormon. John told us how much he always loved his example of the Savior and just being so Christlike. It was such a miracle that we got to talk to John and that he had the opportunity to serve us with my finger. We are going back to teach John and his wife Marilyn later this week. 

I know this is not just a coincidence. I know we are on the Lord's errand and He is working miracles all around us every single day. Open your eyes to His miracles. They are everywhere and they are not just limited to His missionaries. The day of miracles has not ceased. 

Well that's about it for the weekly. Sister Evensen is all of my wildest dreams come true. I swear it shouldn't be allowed for us to be companions because we basically are like best friends and we have way to much fun for this to feel like work. We talk to everyone. We even parked our car on the side of the road and ran down this girl walking! Take advantage of every blessing God weaves into your daily life. 

SISTER  p e t e r s e n ☀




No comments:

Post a Comment