Saturday, April 21, 2018

T? As in Troy?

This week was BUMPIN. And as my subject suggests, it ALWAYS comes back to High School Musical.

-TRROOOOOOOOOY, right now I can hardly breathe.... oh oh 
So we had some crazy transfer stuff and we ended up going to TROY ALABAMA on a quick little exchange with our sisters there! Not many know, but Troy has been my secret dream area of our mission. I have wanted to serve there sooooooo bad. And wahhhla! All of my wildest dreams came true! It was everything I hoped for and MORE! There were Asians, Baptists, and Mormons! It was a great time. But I learned a valuable lesson this week.

Whilst out in a service project, weeding for 5 hours, I thought to myself, "Self, it doesn't matter if you do service if you are not doing it with a willing heart." Just like Troy in HSM. His head was in the game, but his heart, his heart was in the song....

- Literally Katy is my favorite human,
just look at her!
THE LORD REQUIRES THE HEART! Brother Bigler in high school seminary always told us your heart is like a parachute it can't help you if it's closed! So I opened my heart more and this whole week was just awesome! We worked and it was long and hard but it was so enjoyable. I remembered why I am here and I was so excited to share the restored gospel!

Katy is doing amazing. She is reading the Book of Mormon and always wants to read more. Right now she is really searching for an answer from God. I know that she will get one. Please please pray. She is my person.

- look at how cute little Miff is

I've seen way too many missionaries throw away their last few weeks, but you can tell the devil, no, not today. I am on the Lord's errand doing small and simple things, and hey guess what, so are you! Make today count. Have some passion in your life! And if you don't know what it is, find it, and do it well.




ps... Sister Mifflin is the most mellow companion 
I've ever had. Literal spiritual giant. I LOVE HER! 



Funny moments: 
  • We didn't have enough missionaries for church tours so the Elders investigator Bre started teaching these people the Plan of Salvation haha. 
  • Our landlord Dan said I'm the anchor of the household so I keep using that unrighteous dominion over everyone. 
  • I've recently added humus to my diet, it doesn't sit too well with us hahahaha. 
  • We met a guy on campus who was painting with his feet. That's about all. (:

ps read this talk. just do it.


-SISTER  p e t e r s e n☀
- Her name is Liv Fast, die hard.
She's the best soul I know.



- Sometimes when your hair looks like a rat and you did a billion hours of service
 in the melting sun you just need some ice cream #thankyoubluecard

No comments:

Post a Comment