Monday, April 2, 2018

Nailed it.

"Sisters you have a flat tire" said the Fairhope Sisters' Scottish neighbor, as we were pulling out to drive back to Tallahassee.

TWO DAYS EARLIER . . .

I was sitting in Institute learning about Celestial Marriage, trying to take good notes ;), and suddenly MY TOOTH FALLS OUT OF MY MOUTH! Needless to say I was very, very calm, as I always am when my teeth fall out of my mouth, and I called a dentist and they scheduled me and appointment 3 days later on Friday morning.


-some of my favs




































With my aching jaw, we ventured onward to the Mobile Zone Wednesday morning for our exchange. This isn't really important to the story but I love Sister Hart and Sister Johnson like they were my own. THEY ARE GOD SENT PEOPLE! Anyway, we have a wonderful exchange in my sweet home in Alabama and we depart at 2:00 pm Central, Thursday afternoon to make it home at 7:00 pm, Eastern, with two hours to spare for curfew and we would be in Tallahassee for my dentist appointment the following morning. This is when Ms. Rose informed us of our tire. Trying to be calm and practical we figured it might just be low so we went to the gas station and put air in the tire. Obviously, two sister missionaries who are stressed and totally know how cars work, looked completely calm with the raging wind storm while we tried to pump our tire with air.

-Bishop Boxx was not amused. HAHAHA
Thankfully the spirit told me we did not do a sufficient job at filling the tire. So I pulled in a favor from a long time friend. Bishop Boxx answered the phone and with a long deep sigh he said "Sister Petersen? I thought we got rid of you" HAHAHAHA he acts like we're not best buds! So he meets us at the gas station to inspect our tire and SURE ENOUGH WE HAD A NAIL! WELL THAT JUST WASN'T GONNA WORK BECAUSE BY THIS TIME IT WAS ALREADY 4 PM AND WE WOULDN'T MAKE IT BACK TO TALLAHASSEE BY 9 PM AND THEIR WAS A TROPICAL STORM ROLLING IN AND WE NEEDED A NEW TIRE AND I NEEDED TO GET TO MY DENTIST APPOINTMENT. But don't worry I was totally calm cool and collected through this entire saga. 

Well, we get to PepBoys. They change our tire. We share the gospel in the waiting room with Hasten. He's gonna get baptized. Then we ate dinner at the Boxx's because they missed me, then we drove 2 hours to Crestview. Then we got up at 5 AM to drive 3 more hours to Tallahassee. We ran inside, changed into proselyting clothes, ran to the dentist, got my teeth drilled, ran to the institute for a lesson and at this point it was 1:00pm on Friday and the only thing we had eaten was a McDonald's hashbrown and a Krispy Kreme donut! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA - We get to the institute and BAM, I got to be a part of one of the most spiritual lessons in my whole mission.

-probs how I broke my tooth.
But MMMMM I love me some crawdads hahaha
Right now we are teaching a girl named Katy and she is the elect. She was chosen to hear the gospel. I love her so much. We talked about the atonement of Jesus Christ and about our pre-mortal existence and I know without a doubt I knew this sister before this life. I know that I was sent here specifically for her. Please, please keep her in your prayers. She is so ready for the healing of the Savior. After our lesson, Katy told us she couldn't make it to General Conference because she would be out of town, but because this is the Lord's work we set her up with the missionaries for Saturday morning session where she would be. It just so happened that Katy ended up hearing the words of the prophet sitting with Sister Evensen and Sister Smith in Fox Run, Florida. This is a mighty work and a wonder. This is not a fairy tale.


-Members made all the missionaries in our district
cinnamon rolls for conference, that's what I call ministering!
I know this was a long drawn out story. We made some crazy memories this week. But, I couldn't help but reflect on our lesson with Katy all throughout conference. So many people think that the Savior simply "died for our sins", but there's so much more. Jesus Christ suffered everything. His crucifixion was only one element of His atoning sacrifice. And with nail scarred hands, He rose again. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that He is coming. I know that the work of the salvation of souls is rolling forth and one day soon each of us will feel the prints of His hands and feet from the merciless nails that scarred them. He is life eternal and I promise you can know that for yourself. Listen, hearken, to the counsel of the Prophet and your days will be brighter and brighter even until that perfect day. 


-SISTER  p e t e r s e n☀

No comments:

Post a Comment