Saturday, March 17, 2018

oh oh oh it's glorious....FOOD glorious FOOD!

friends and friends of friends, we had some FOOD MIRACLES this week. That's right. Everyone is happier when food is involved. The following events are based upon true stories. . . . .

1- Two weeks ago we discovered under a hidden rock a gem by the name of MOMO's..... wherrrrre's momo? IT'S AROUND THE CORNER PEOPLE! Well, Momo's is known for having PIZZA THE SIZE OF YOUR HEAD. Basically it's named after me for a reason. Well alas we over indulged in our new discovery and we found ourselves in a pickle of sorts. All the sisters who hadn't eaten there before still wanted to eat there, but we were kind of tired of it but didn't want to miss out on the fun. So I decided I would get a Firehouse Sub and bring it into Momo's pizza. While eating my Firehouse, the waitress brought out everyone's slices. I was starting to regret my sandwich decision, but I doubted too soon because right when I was contemplating throwing away my hook and ladder............. the waitress brought me a slice of pizza because they messed up and fired too many!!!!!!!!!!!! MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Lord never gives us one or the other, our joy shall be FULL. and I was stuffed like a bird on Thanksgiving after that dinner. (:

2- On our way to Dothan, Alabama this week for an exchange my heart was yearning if you will for the companionship of a chocolate chip cookie from the home of the chosen chicken. When we got to Chick-fil-A, although we were in a rush we both felt we needed to go inside and not just through the drive-through. I went straight to the register because I knew what I wanted and I was on a munchie mission. The girl behind the counter asked for my name and I went to point to my nametag and before I could say "Petersen" I said "Pe..." She interrupted me and said "Are you on FAMU campus??" Raven went on to tell me that the sisters found her and she lost contact with them and she wants to take the lessons and come to church and, she's gonna get baptized she just doesn't know it yet but it was like love at first sight, but missionary and investigator, in a celestially timed interaction over the counter of my favorite place to spend money on food. MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Lord blesses those who keep the Sabbath Day Holy, like Chick-fil-A workers because they're closed on Sundays. #MakeAmericaGreatAgain

3- This is a tribute to Sister Blume. The Bluminator. Baby Blume if you will. What a champ. This sister has served valiantly on FAMU campus since November. Through rain and snow. Buses and booths. She has stuck it out til the end. And now.. Heavenly Father has taken our little girl to Dothan. AKA our personal chef is now gonzo and I won't gain any more calories from her deliciousness...... MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!! The Lord gives you a good thing but He sometimes takes it away to help you fully appreciate what you had!



4- We walked into a cafe called "Kool Beanz Cafe" and the menu turned out to be on average 27$ meals with wine on the table so we discretely walked back out and had to just embrace the awkwardnessssssssssss MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Lord gave us the confidence to get up and walk out so that we didn't waste precious tithing funds.... (;

5- After Mathedrick's baptism, (TCC Sisters) we went to 50 CENT CORNDOG DAY AT SONIC!!!!! BECAUSE TODAY IS NATIONAL CORNDOG DAY AND IT WAS ACTUALLY THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY WEEK AND I AM SO SATISFIED WITH HOW I SPENT THAT MONEY. MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!! The Lord gave me a blue card for a reason.

Moral of the story kids, today marks 12 weeks to my last Pday and the Lord blessed me to enjoy this last week! I am actually so grateful for all my memories with the sisters here. Especially, Sister Smario. She is so wonderful and beautiful and amazing. I am so grateful she was my companion at this point in my mission and she will forever be one of my best friends! *doo doo doo dooo (Hunger Games finger kiss)

Remember to enjoy the little things of life and just let your soul delight in fatness. PS- God loves all his children, even the chubby ones (; No but really who doesn't love food. We all need to be more like food in other people's lives. We need to help people feel loved and important, we should be as excited for others' success as we are when we get free samples at Costco. We need to remember to share our sweet fruits of the gospel with all those Heavenly Father has placed in our paths! 

-SISTER p e t e r s e n☀

F-O-O-D is how you spell love!




also, literally just look at my companion like hot dang. Boys she comes home May 4th! AND SHE'S SINGLE! I can put in a good word for you because this Sister has it going on! Mmmph I love her!









No comments:

Post a Comment