Monday, May 1, 2017

Does Jesus have pet peeves?

After district meeting on Tuesday aka April 25th aka the perfect date, we went to Subway with the sisters. Over lunch we laughed for a long time about stupid pet peeves we have about missionaries, parents, dating, friends, the way people eat, driving, everything that bugs us. It was SO funny to hear the random things that bug people!

Ok so overall I think my biggest pet peeve is when people copy me. IT DRIVES ME INSANE. Like if someone buys the same food as you or starts saying the things you say, or STEALS YOUR STORIES! Just to name a few.. but then you get the classic "Imitation is a compliment." Gag me. 

So I've been thinking about this a lot this week and Jesus LOVES when people copy him! That's what he wants everyone to do! Try and be like him! Man! Every single person we teach we invite to do the same things. People refer to our culture as "Utah Mormons" but it's not just in Utah. I've learned so much the past week about rejoicing in our unity. If you are doing the same things as those around you, it means you are working as a team.

Wednesday night our investigators Chris and Lainee fed us dinner. We were really excited and we actually cancelled a member dinner when we got invited. The dinner conversation quickly jumped from a discussion to a bible bash. We got into a respectful discussion about the Trinity which they firmly believe in. My companion really struggled and she didn't give any input in the conversation. I was left alone with two southern Methodists who know their bible. I knew all I could do was testify of Joseph Smith and testify of my savior. I'm not sure if the spirit totally touched their hearts but I know that I was in unity with God that evening. The spirit was in the room. 

I think too many times we are scared that our testimonies and habits we have in the church are repetitive or common knowledge, this is when we become lazy about our promises. "When you are complicit with your covenants, you become complacent to the consequences." We promised that we would come and help spread the gospel. We would come and find our friends. Even if you gave up Sister Tedone's biscuits for an evening of bible bash and quinoa. I testified through the awkwardness of that dinner because I said I would. The evening left me discouraged for my area and relying on my companion but the spirit was in our lesson. "You can feel certain that the Lord is pleased when you feel the Spirit working through you."(PMG)

Becoming unified with the spirit will enrich every single aspect of your life. Everything will become unified. Relationships, conversations, feelings, thoughts, goals, everything. 

I know I am pleasing the Lord. I know I am a successful missionary. I know that what I know is true. All you haters out there DROP THE BOGUS! THE GOSPEL IS TRUE EVERYBODY SHOULD KNOW THIS!
ONE nation under God. Unify yourself.

It's gonna be Huuuuuuge
-sister P E T E R S E N☀

-My man Darian showing off his guns,
 but let's be real who do you think would win in an arm wrestle


 Will Smith's Childhood home? You tell me.

 the district lolz

1 comment:

  1. @EmmaJade13 @mollie_petersen AP bio is over, should we watch twilight for the rest of the year? #goldenonion #imnotaseal #missionariesareawesome #truetothefaith

    ReplyDelete