Monday, May 15, 2017

What about second breakfast? Elevensies?

Yesterday was KILLER! Such a wonderful day! I got to talk to these crazy rascals, codename: Petersen's, and it was AWESOME!

Just in the spirit of some home cooking our members made us Cafe Rio salads, yes tears of joy were shed. And then later that evening we went over to another member's house for late night steaks!!! Holy cow, no pun intended, it was an amazing day for my belly! 

This week Kenny has been doing so awesome! We taught him the Law of Chastity and after the lesson Sister Mathews commented on how spiritual and mature we were while teaching and I thought to myself, "Yeah we were, when the heck did that happen??" Hahah I guess it was the spirit because I still laugh at jokes that a fifth grader would laugh at.. Haha. 

So here's my spiritual thought of the day.. While I was trying to skype my family we had a bit of technical difficulties, not naming names or anything, but Trevor and Tiffany were a weak link (; So the three way call made it where I couldn't see my family in Utah but I could see my family in Seattle and they could see both of us. I've thought about that call a lot and the role our Savior plays in our lives. Our Heavenly Father is like my family in Utah. We can't see him, but he sees us and he hears our cries. We have to trust in our Savior, or family in Seattle to be our mediator. I am very humbled that God listens to my prayers and He send me His son Jesus Christ so that I can make it back home to Him one day. 
We see a lot of unhappy families down here and I just want everyone to remember that God is our Father, we are His family. 

Mother's Day 2017


Side note, while the Elders were dropping off our car two nights ago this random kid just sprinted into our apartment and I was like, "Kid......come back...." Hahaha it was so random! 

Raindrops...

When you can't walk, RUN! Much love amigos!!! Blessings come in RAINDROPS!



-sister  P E T E R S E N☀

No comments:

Post a Comment