Monday, April 17, 2017

every ROSE has it's THORN

​well well homies transfers are here. 

Ok so this last week has probably been the best on my mission. Leading up to Easter we really pushed to get people to church and we shared the Prince of Peace church video a TON! Well Sunday came and not one person we taught came. I was pretty bummed and then I turned and our investigator that we've been really worried about who is currently on Oxygen was sitting in the back pew!!!!! IT WAS A MIRACLE TO SEE HIM THERE!
Sis Davis

Saturday night we got transfer calls and it was extremely bitter sweet. Sis Ramadhar is going to Panama City Beach and my new comp will be Sis Davis here in FWB!!! I am so so so stoked that I get to stay in my area! But it is really hard to see my trainer leave.

Easter Socks



One my first day in the mission field my trainer, Sister Ramadhar, looked at me and said "Hey look it's gonna be really hard sometimes." And then she told me that your mission is like a field of roses. You walk through and the whole time you are getting cuts and scratches and scars from all the thorns but when you look back at where you've walked, all you see are the roses. In the Prince of Peace video the one line really struck me that said "His only crown was made of thorns." Being a new missionary is not easy. I struggled a lot as many of you know, but Christ didn't just help me get through it, he wore my crown of thorns. He literally felt every scratch, every cut, every scar, that I have experienced. And He has showed me the joy of missionary work. All I see the past four months are roses. ROSES EVERYWHERE. And I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to be led through that field by my dear Trinidadian Trainer (:​​
Sister Ramadhar, The Brocks

OK lastly, there was a fetching cockroach in our apartment and I almost died. Yeah. The video won't load for me to tell you the tale, but maybe next week, stay tuned.

MUCH LOVE> BE SAFE> BE GOOD> DON'T DO ANYTHING I WOULDN'T DO TWICE>

-sister P E T E R S E N ☀      



No comments:

Post a Comment