Monday, July 24, 2017

8 cows for you, 8 cows for you, EVERYONE gets 8 cows

T'was a good week in the neighborhood~~~ 

Our investigator Shon is getting baptized August 26th (: (: (: Southern and Caitlyn are getting baptized August 19th (: (: (: both really special days to me and now I'm so excited I get to share it with them! 

Shon is the chillest woman I've ever met! She is so awesome! She is pregnant right now and she has 3 kiddos and she's going to school and UGH I JUST LOVE HER! Every time she says the closing prayer and she always says "Thank you for sending my sisters" :'D I love her to pieces. Oh and she has like the SICKEST dreads! Anywho, we had the funnest lesson with her the other day. I was on an exchange with Sister Smario and we re-taught the Restoration using little plastic cups. Shon was very quiet and truly taking in everything we explained.. but her cousin Leeah! HAHAHA OH WHAT A HOOT! Leeah had so many questions and she was so much fun she just kept laughing and asking us REALLY off the wall topic questions like if her daughter's name was actually from the Bible or if she made it up. HAHA It was so much fun teaching them together!

Southern and Caitlyn! Wow I love these girls more than life itself I swear it to ya. They are so near and dear to my heart. Their mom is a convert from many, many years ago and because of moving and life, she has become a little distant from activity in the church, but she has such a firm foundation of the Savior and the truthfulness of this gospel. The other day we stopped by Tonya's (the mom) shop, and she got really emotional as we talked about how much progress her girls have been making. They're 12 & 17 (: I just love this family so much. 

My sweet Clint and Lana (: wow. You have never met a family that is closer to receiving the gospel. Our Bishop is very mindful of them and he advised us to go slow and test the waters a bit. Today we got to meet with them and teach the Restoration. It was really, really good. They had some concerns and questions and even though we can't answer all of those, we did help them understand God's love for His children. (: They are perfect and I am so excited. KEEP THEM IN YOUR PRAYERS!

Trolls under a bridge (:
So yes, tis true I have gained a pound here or there while serving in the FTM. But listen up. God looketh upon the heart! WE LOOK AT PEOPLE'S HEARTS!!! I love every single person the moment I look into their eyes, yes some don't want our message but I love them so much! I love that I get to represent the Savior in their homes and on their streets. They are not ugly to me. They do not have ugly hearts, they have ignorant hearts. Searching hearts. Broken hearts. I truly believe that the way we talk about others and the attention we give them shows them how much we care. This subject weighs heavily on my mind when I hear someone had a bad experience with someone in the church, or with missionaries, or had a "difficult" companion. Elder Renlund of the Quorum of the Twelve said, "To effectively serve others we must see them through a parent’s eyes, through Heavenly Father’s eyes. Only then can we begin to comprehend the true worth of a soul. Only then can we sense the love that Heavenly Father has for all of His children. Only then can we sense the Savior’s caring concern for them. We cannot completely fulfill our covenant obligation to mourn with those who mourn and comfort those who stand in need of comfort unless we see them through God’s eyes. This expanded perspective will open our hearts to the disappointments, fears, and heartaches of others."
Second Coming Skies (: 

So even if they seem ugly on the outside... or on the inside... treat them like an 8 cow soul! BECAUSE GOSH DANG IT, I AM AN 8 COW WOMAN, YA HEAR?

Moroni 7:48  “Wherefore, my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ.”


share the love. share the cows.
-sister  P E T E R S E N ☀   pics for the win:
Polaroids (:
Southern and Caitlyn (:
                                                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment