Monday, October 23, 2017

I look around me and I see it isn't so

The world is BEAUTIFUL! I don't care if it rains or pours or storms the world and the people in it are BEAUTIFUL!

From getting donuts with our Soul Sister, Sister Dykes, to Tallahassee, to Church Tour adventures with Bishop Boxx! This week was SO MUCH FUN!

Thursday we drove to Tallahassee for an exchange. We were on FSU campus! It was so fun! Tons of people to talk to!!! We got to teach some awesome people! And basically we walked allllllll day hahaha. It was great! We had to sprint across campus to meet someone and I felt like I was in a movie! It was so fun and Sister Jenkins is legit the coolest person I know. 

Sunday was awesome! We had a crazy storm blow in and got stranded at the church. Meanwhile, Bishop took us on a tour of the rafters. And then later that night, everyone came to the church for ADDY'S BAPTISM!!! AHHH. Here are my thoughts. Heavenly Father knows us. He knows each and everyone of us by name. I had a couple of very personal experiences this week and I cannot deny that God knows me. He knows it and I know it. And I know what we're doing matters. When Addy's dad confirmed her a member of the church he gave her a blessing from her Father in Heaven and it was powerful. I felt the power of the Holy Ghost touch every person in that room. We did a small talk about rainbows and the promises we make at baptism. We are all colorful lights making an impact on the world! And the amazing part is that everyone has the light of Christ! Every single person is a child of God! 
I have cared too much about what everyone in this town thinks about me wearing a nametag and I have cared too much about walking up to their fancy houses. I have cared too much about people loving their own church. I DON'T CARE ANYMORE. Because the joy and love I felt in Addy's confirmation blessing, I KNOW they do not have that in their lives!


SO WHO CARES!!! WHO CARES IF YOU FILL THE WORLD WITH SILLY LOVE SONGS Y'ALL!!?! WHO CARES?! Let me say this again EVERY HUMAN ON EARTH IS A CHILD OF GOD! 






Go out and love them to death (: (: (: (: I promise you that's what we're doing. We are ALL enlisted. We might not be perfect 
missionaries. We might get a little distracted by their cute dog or the weather, but I can tell you one thing...







I LOVE MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN FAIRHOPE ALABAMA.

I love you all!

-SISTER  p e t e r s e n ☀

No comments:

Post a Comment